Wednesday 3 September 2014

Roof

It's been a while since the last update because things got a little behind schedule due to the rain and it can get pretty boring looking at posts about bricks. So, mrskidsbuggingme and I have an update about bricks, fascia, guttering and a roof.

Even though it has been cloudy with a chance of meatballs over the past two weeks, The brickies were on site at every possible opportunity and almost finished the bricking. They would have been done, had they not run out of bricks again. Did I mention torrential downpours too? Arks? Swimming lessons anyone?

Only the rear corner of the house still needs to be bricked - I guess that'll happen over the next few days as another pallet of bricks was delivered today. Hopefully there's some good spares left over.

Anyway, the fascia, gutters and roof were put on this week. What a relief! It's starting to look a lot more like a house! A few of the roof tiles have chipped corners which seems a bit lazy to me. I counted three without walking around completely because I really, really, really don't like heights. Maybe they didn't think I'd notice? Well, I'm pretty fussy about things - they will need to be replaced. These things are minor in the grand scheme of things but they still need to be done properly from the beginning.

Also, there was a massive downpour again last night and the gutter above the balcony was still full of water this afternoon, so, they'll also need to adjust the fall of the gutter. Most people probably never check this stuff before handover? Like I said, I'm fussy :)

Anyway, pics:





1 comment:

  1. A bit of advice about work being done on wet days, keep a record of them. Wisdom are over contract time on our build and they are claiming bad weather days as a delay even when work was done on those days. Like you I am fussy and kept photographic records all all work done which are dated so I am disputing their bad weather days where I have record showing work progressed despite the weather.

    ReplyDelete