Tuesday 24 June 2014

Slabbed

I think urbandictionary sums it up best.

slab
 A 24-pack of beer, in cans or bottles or varying sizes (throw-downs, stubbies, cannies, longies), also see carton.
"Wanna go halves in a slab o' New?"
"F****n oath it's beer o'clock" 

Over the course of last week something actually happened. We got slabbed! A slab of concrete though, not beer.

I was sick on Monday, so took the day off work to recover. After dropping the kids off at school in the morning I drove past the block before heading home. Totally unannounced and totally unexpected..... some actual construction work had started! After 18 months of sales, tender and admin process there were finally people onsite with machinery. I had a chat with one of the guys and he ran me through what was happening that week.

Monday 16th - piering:


Tuesday 17th - plumbing. No photos!

Wednesday 18th - waffle pods and steel:



Friday 20th - concrete poured:



The end result:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment