Saturday 26 July 2014

Plumbing and bricks arrive

The build has slowed to a crawl due to a lack of available bricklayers. I've stopped trimming my beard in protest (or perhaps boredom?) and am beginning to think I might end up looking like ZZ Top by the time the build is complete. I notice some hipsters at work in the city checking my beard out and many people at work have commented on it. "Mate! What's going on?! You're growing a beard! Maaaattttte!" I had no idea it would be controversial. Conchita Wurst, eat your heart out.

Back to the build....

Over the past two days, the water and gas plumbing was installed in preparation for the bricking stage. It looks a bit like a Borg invasion has started.

The Borg start building their cube:

Our plumber:


The bricks have also arrived and been placed throughout the yard. Bricklaying to commence on Thursday.

Bricks, waiting patiently:



3 comments:

  1. Haha looks like a seige!!! Good luck with the brickwork, mine was horrible and I'm still marking it all up with blue tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does too, I never noticed. The kids might like a game with their Nerf guns there this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that your site looks tidy. I feel sick to see so many site like a dump!

    ReplyDelete