Wednesday 1 October 2014

Cladding, electrical and more

The past few days have been a flurry of building activity. mrskidsbuggingme and I had a day off work on Monday so we arranged to meet the SS onsite. There were loads of tradies at work! It was good to finally put a face to the voice on the phone. We went through a few things on the build including handover dates/plans as we need it a little time before Christmas in order to line up the post-settlement stuff like the oven, hot water, air-con etc. This stuff gets installed within two days of final payment... we might need to pay early to get it installed before handover. Also, I managed to get an extra power point put in the garage on a wall that I somehow missed during the plan - yay, now I can build the workbench I've been planning. It was a positive experience meeting the SS, seeing heaps of tradies at work, even got some advice from the framing guy about where they put the manhole etc.

So far this week, we've had:

  • Cladding installed
  • Most electrical rough-in done
  • Rear eaves completed
  • Remaining framing and frame fixing done
  • An internal cleanup
  • Fireplace installed
  • Cavity slider frames delivered


I have to say, we're very happy with the pace of work at the moment! If it wasn't for the gutter guard guy we'd be at lockup by now.

Anyway, I'll have another update later this week. For now, here's some pics:









1 comment:

  1. House is looking great so far, I can't wait to see that lovely fireplace once it's in. I would've loved one but didn't really see the point as it sou;d've only suited the family room which we've turned into the billiard room!
    Gotta love a Wisdom home, we built our last home with them and we had the best SS you could hope for and the build itself was definitely first quality. I look forward to watching yours grow...enjoy

    ReplyDelete