Tuesday 7 October 2014

Lots happening

Since my last post we've had a fair bit of work done on the house, including:

  • Electrical rough-in completed
  • Most of the lower bricks cleaned
  • Air conditioning rough-in
  • Most of the insulation and soundproofing installed
  • Balcony rendered (a surprise, we didn't know this was happening)

The build is travelling quickly at the moment - it's great to see the house taking shape. Even the garage was insulated, a pleasantly unexpected surprise!

Everything isn't all roses though as there are a couple of niggling issues bugging me (I won't mention them at this time). I know not everything goes smoothly, however, I always do my best to get things right and I expect others to do the same. So, I got a little cranky over the weekend and fired off an email to our SS because I want to make sure that things are done right, or fixed quickly, not at the end of the build when we're under pressure for handover before Christmas. Besides a few phone conversations and one face-to-face meeting, I don't know the guy so I don't know that I can trust him. People need to earn my trust - I've learned to be cautious through experience. Have I mentioned I get stressed out easily? Anyway, the SS responded to my email... I can tell he was peeved but at least I got the message across. We'll see on Friday if I've made an enemy, hopefully not though!

Also, mrskidsbuggingme and I made our first purchase specifically for this house - a new lounge! (Homer Simpson voice) Mmmmm..... leather. I'm looking forward to sitting back and chilling out with a nice cold beer when this is all done. Or a donut. Or a donut and beer. Mmmmm..... beer.

Rendered balcony:



Insulation:

Soundproofing on kids bedrooms:


No comments:

Post a Comment