Friday 10 October 2014

Gyprock

What a difference a few days make! In one single day the whole house has been gyprocked. Obviously there's still lots of finishing to do on it, but it's amazing to walk through what are now "real" rooms and get a feel for the size. We made the garage a little wider so the house is now 46 squares, or 431 square metres in new terms. Photos don't really convey the size of the house, it feels great.

Besides the gyprock going up today we've also had missing roof tiles installed and downpipes connected.

My concerns from earlier this week appear to have been addressed as well. I know I was a pain for our builder (I was stern, but polite and professional) but I'm very happy that he has actually acted on what I've asked for. Kudos!

Entrance:


Living, dining and kitchen:



Downpipes connected:


2 comments:

  1. Gyprock changes the way one see a house!! The house looks huuuuugeeeee ;)
    will it be ready before Christmas??
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply, things have been hectic.

    We've been told that handover is supposed to be on Christmas Eve, but will obviously have to be brought forward if we're to have appliances and hot water installed. I'm not holding my breath... we'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete