Friday 9 January 2015

Driveway

The driveway was completed today. The guys had to sweat it out in 35 degree heat and now we have the threat of a storm. Please, no heavy rain today!

Wednesday morning when the concreters turned up I had W***** Landscapes try and swindle me out of more money for a concrete pump. I gave a swift, stern "no effing way" reply so they knew I wasn't going to be screwed over. I informed them that if they misquoted me, that's their problem and they can wear the additional cost (by inform, I mean I yelled down the phone). We signed the landscape paperwork three times over the past year so they had every opportunity to have that in the cost of works if it was necessary. Actually, the initial quote was more than twelve months ago! In the end, they managed to do it the old fashioned way with wheelbarrows. The cost of the driveway was pretty expensive compared to organising it privately, so as far as I'm concerned they can sweat a little for my money. FYI, I'm actually considering complaining to the ACCC or the Dept of Fair Trading because that kind of last minute hidden cost deal is considered extortionate behaviour and is against the law.

Pics:


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the work you have put into your nice blog. We will bookmark to your blog because it is very informational. We love the site and will come back to see your new posts.
    interlocking patio pavers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page!best paver near Boynton

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, this past weekend, with the weather finally reflecting what it normally does, my family; that being myself, my wife, our six year old daughter and my one year old son loaded up our gas Residential Paving Colorado Springs CO

    ReplyDelete